I love being a missionary. It's so fun. We are really reaping
this transfer. I am having a blast. We are going to baptize Melisa Compean
on Saturday. I'm so happy I can't even express it. She is so golden.
She is working two jobs, she use to be working three, going to school
and she has a daughter named Karen who is two. She is amazing. We usually
teach her at Carmen and Gregg Brown's house, which i think i told you
that it reminded me of home. Carmen works at a western wear store, they
all wear Carhardt uh i don't know how to spell it, so fix it and they
have Justin boxes laying everywhere. Melisa is really excited for the
baptism and has made the plans already; in fact she had them done a week
ago. I love being a missionary! It is just so hard to describe my
feelings, when you know that some one is making the right choices and
intends to keep them that is the best feeling in the world!!!!!!This
baptism is going to be awesome. We are going to take a lot of pictures.
So let me tell you a little about obedience and perseverance the
lord blesses us when we are obedient to him. And sacrifice brings forth
the blessings of heaven. Last Friday was really rainy, it rained two
inches, and guess what we went out tracting, in the ghetto, which I enjoy
Elder Atwood, being the genius that he is, decides to park in a low
spot, rendering our car was inaccessible. There is water every where, but
somehow it all goes away North Carolina is just a big sponge, but
anyway the lord blessed us big time. We tracted into a lady named Azalia
Armwood. She is a gold mine. She has five kids and a fiance© named Wade
Jr. She is really easy to teach. You just sit there and she asks
questions that tie into our lessons in fact we taught the second lesson just on
her questions. Her boyfriend is living with her and we taught the law
of chastity and I think she is going to have him move out. We were
able to set a baptismal date the second time we met with her! She reads
and prays about everything we tell her. She feels the spirit very
strongly. She was washing the dishes when she received the answer to one of
her prayers and she started crying, she thought it was funny because she
hated doing dishes. The only hold back with her is her preconceived
notions about church, I think she was raised Pentecostal Holiness.
They are kinda lively in their service. Azalia has enormous potential. I can
see this going real far; see how much the lord blesses us when we are
diligent.
Well I hope you got my pictures. Are you saving them on a
disc? If not please do. O yea I got my Easter treats thank you so much.
That made my day. I love you guys thank you for the prayers and continue
to do so, I pray for you always.
Your
loving son,
Elder Landon Wiltbank (your son who is on a mission),in case you
forget.
Sunday, March 23, 2008
3/17/08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment