I suppose it was the best Easter I have ever had, no offence I had
good ones before but, this one was really special, my golden
investigator was baptized. I call her my golden investigator for her sincere
desire to acquire much gospel knowledge. The baptism went amazing; it
could not have gone any better. It was at 7:30 on Saturday the 22nd I'll
never forget that day. It brought so much joy to me. Someone so
willing to learn, to take what I've said, pray about it and truly seek an
answer. She is one of the most amazing people I've ever met; she has
two jobs, goes to college and has an amazing two year old daughter named
Karen. I really looked forward to that day for a long time. Saturday
started out great; our day was full, appointments all day. We found
some solid investigators. The day would have been great alone, the only
thing that could have made it any better is a baptism and you know what
we had one. The baptism started out great. We had a couple investigators
in attendance. Hanna Brown, a friend of Melissa, gave spiritual the
talk about baptism. The spirit was great, it started the water works.
Then Carma Brown, Melissa's best friend, the one that she worked at the
western store with, spoke on the Holy Ghost. She did real well. Melissa
and Carma both were bawling. It was so awesome. Then came my favorite
part of the whole experience, the baptism. She came out in a white
dress, expecting the curtains to be closed because the dress might float
up, ha, they weren't, so she ran back in embarrassed. She eventually
came out and started into the water. As she was going down she slipped a
little, I kind of laughed, she started to giggle, it was funny. Then
Greg Brown, the person baptizing her, mispronounced her name and she
started busting up. They had been trying to help him pronounce it for a
while I guess, and all for not, he still messed it up. It went good she
went down with a giggle and came up with a grin. Her countenance changed,
she was glowing with happiness. After the baptism we all went out to
celebrate and ate at Andy's. It was an amazing night. Bishop confirmed
her the next day on Easter. The blessing was very beautiful. I hope we
will be having another baptism soon, maybe a whole family. Well
anyways sounds like everything is ok over there. Heath is getting hitched
wow that is so crazy. She seemed like a sweet girl, I'm happy for
him. How is the snow. I'm so angry the only time we get some good snow
and I'm gone for it, I guess I'll just have to get over it. Well I
hope dad will be able to work sometime soon. LOVE you all.
Monday, March 24, 2008
3/24/08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment