Hello all I hope you got my letter the Internet was down so I had to mail my letter home and it probably took a long time sorry. Well we just got back from golfing. Luckily the course is just down the road. It was really fun this time. I enjoy Elder Hill. He is really easy to get along with. I can still hit the ball as long as I ever could. Kid named Carmen Wiggins went with us today. He is just about to put in his papers. Elder Hill and I took him out for a little bit the other day to show him the ropes of mission work and I had a blast. We did not have to bike! We took him tracting in the ghetto. I love the ghetto. You can be as bold as you want and you are not really scared if you offend them you just move to the next house or block. Elder Hill and I are still having a lot of success. We have two dates set for the 21 of June, Emma Williams and Kristine Denton. I’m excited we have been working with Emma for a long time. She has overcome smoking and pressure from her family. Kristine we just found a couple weeks ago. She is 18. When we first found her it was over on Dill st. in Mt. Olive at her dad’s house with her boyfriend, the next week we met her on North East Church Rd. and she was married to another person. We took over Brother Medlin and taught lesson one. We went into their house and it was a mess. Half way through the lesson she pulled out her pet rat and let it crawl on her. You should have seen the look on Brother Medlin’s face it was funny. The lesson went well. She lit up two or three cigarettes while we taught her so we taught the word of wisdom right along with lesson two. The next time we taught her she was smoke free. So we have two baptisms from our finding, which is really good. Things are going well.
It is starting to warm up around here. It stays a comfortable 90-104 degrees not counting the heat index of the humidity. But I’ll live. I got dads letter it was in a different format so I had to decipher it on the computer. So my ol’ pickup is running again huh? Does it run any better? I’m glad to hear that just don’t let Macie run this one out of oil OK. It was really nice to hear from dad sounds like is really busy. I’m going to be sending a box home for you guys soon, just a few things for y’all. How are Brayden and Jaxten doing lately? I have been thinking a lot about them. I love you guys sooo much, I hope all is going well at home. I’ll talk to you guys next week.
Love Ya,
Elder Wiltbank
Monday, June 16, 2008
6/9/08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment