Monday, October 20, 2008

Hello, I'm Johnny Cash!

I like being a missionary, the benefits are amazing. This past Saturday
was the baptism of Billy Lee Gunn Jr. I was lucky enough to be the one to
baptize him. It was a very spiritual afternoon, words cannot describe it. Here lays the many hours of sweat, blood and tears, the tireless hours
of biking in the sun @ 100+ degrees or in the frigged winters, finally under the
waters of baptism. My favorite thing to do is to look at them, immersed in the water, they are cleansed from their sins. It is the most satisfying
experience i have had in my life thus far. I have been with Lee start to
finish. I had the first phone call with him and I ordained him to be a priest, i am so grateful to be a missionary and be able to partake in the
conversion process of gods elect. Elder Kimball confirmed him Sunday and
later i was able to ordain him. We will soon be privileged to see his son Clint be baptized by Lee. I love missionary life. We are going to the temple this Wednesday. I am so excited, the house of the lord. Well i love
you guys so much, be good.

No comments: