Monday, October 13, 2008

Life is sweet and I like Chocolate

This week has been real fun. We did a lot of tracting and you know after about ten months i think that i am about to get the hang of it. I love the Roxboro branch, they feel like family. Last night we went out with Wiley Tyndall, who reminds me of Ernest T. Bass off the Andy Griffith show. He has a heart of pure gold. Wiley has the most twangy southern accent, he is my buddy. He can't really say my name, he calls me Elder Wil-der-banks. The people are just so funny here. They come up with the most random things to say, I just get a kick out of it. Things are just going so good out here, I just love my mission! Lee Gunn will be baptized on the 18th and confirmed on the 19th. He went to stake conference with us this past week and really enjoyed it. They had a couple of recent converts bear their testimony. One of them was a Baptist. In the middle of his testimony i looked over and Lees eyes were watering up and i nudged him, he laughed. He has really caught of the gospel and dove in. We have been working with his son Clint also. Here in a couple of weeks Lee will soon be able to baptize Clint. Elder Kimball is coming along real well. He was a little hesitant about tracting but he is warming up to it. So do you like your new car? I am glad that dad finally got a pickup. He has wanted one for years. I hope he got what he wanted. It is too bad to hear about Jimmie. He was a good guy. My prayers are with his family. How is my id. I want some sort of good credit when i get home, will you check it out for me please! Well it sounds like all is good back home. I love you guys.

No comments: