Hey guys how is life? Man things have been so crazy, I love it. The work is going along great. We have so many baptisms coming up soon, I am way excited for this next transfer. Bernice has not yet got baptized, not because of her, they just can’t work out a date that the family can come; she will get baptized on Feb. 14. We are working with a part member couple, who are both named Brett West, it is funny. Sister West walked up to the missionaries one Sunday and said “my husband is getting baptized all he needs is the lessons,” we are happy to oblige. Then we have another couple that are way cool, Apollo and his 18 year old wife. Apollo is a M.P. for the Army. He grew up back in Utah and could have possibly been baptized; we are looking for his records. They are way excited about the gospel. It is crazy to see people my age and even younger married. Fayetteville is a crazy place. There is machinegun fire all day and night and an ongoing roar of helicopters and artillery. It sounds like you are tracting in a war zone. It is kind of eerie at times. Everyone here is in the Army, it is rare for someone to live here and not be in the military. It is fun being near the Logans they are a fun couple to be around. They help out so much! If you need a ride somewhere you can always count on them. My companion is great, a little slow at times but great. We had two cell phones for a little while and somehow he misplaced both of them. I love him to death he is so humble and coming along great. Last night we ate at Bishop Parkers house/mansion. He is an invitrofertilization doctor for the Army. He is pretty well to do. We got to talking a little bit and I asked him where he went on his mission, he said California. I asked him what mission, he said Anaheim. I told him my dad went there and he started laughing and kept saying Wiltbank over and over again, he said I know that Wiltbank. I took him into out apartment and showed him a picture, he laughed again and said yep that’s him. Dad and he were in the same district together. It was way funny and exciting. I will have to have bishop give dad a call. Well I love you guys stay good.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment