Monday, January 12, 2009

Wooo! 12/12/08

I am so happy to hear that Stephanie was re-baptized it makes me so happy. This week has been a good week. I am working my you know what off. It is really hard to keep up the work in such a huge territory. The way it looks I will be covering these three areas next transfer as well. Elder Cadet and I have to be really organized and you know me, not the most organized person, I am learning though. We have to keep three area books, organize with three bishops and three ward mission leaders. It can be stressful at times but the rewards are so worth it! This next weekend is going to be awesome; Bernice Stratton will be baptized by her husband Josh. I am really looking forward to it. It will be the first baptism that Fayetteville has had in a long time as well as Elder Cadet’s first. Sister Stratton is so amazing! Yesterday the Gospel Principles lesson was on eternal families. She read her lesson before hand and made so many great and thoughtful comments on the lesson. She is just one of the elect of God that I have the privilege to come in contact with. Later on I asked her what she thought of the lesson and if she had any questions, she said she understood it and said that the gospel gave her hope. I was blown away, it was a totally unsolicited comment. She said that the restored gospel gave her hope. That is truly what the gospel is hope. I have so much hope. I know that if we all live worthy we will be able to live, again as a family in eternal with our father who is in heaven. I am truly grateful for this knowledge. I love you guys and I am still pluggin’ along. Till next week.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Hi this Elder Curtis' mom, I love Landon's blog! Is it okay to have blog envy? I am trying to copy info of the boys' blogs so I can send it to them along with some pictures. Think Landon would like that? I for some reason can't copy a picture off his blog. If you'd like, will you email of picture or two of him so I can add them? rickertfamily@frontiernet.net
thanks
cindy rickert