Monday, January 5, 2009

I'm Lovin' it! 1-5-09

Hey guys, I am so proud of Jaxten he is such a smart kid. I wish that I could have been at his baptism. It is so neat to be able to see someone make those sacred covenants with the Lord. What a blessing to live in the time of the last dispensation, we have the fullness of the gospel. I am so grateful for the priesthood. Jaxten is a good little brother and a good example to me. Soon enough it will be him out here sharing the gospel, he will make an amazing missionary. It is nice to see all of your faces; I got the pictures, what a sight. Ya’ll are a motley bunch, I love ya. This week has been one of the best weeks yet. We set a baptism date with Bernice Stratton, a part-member. She had been going to church for about five weeks but still had many questions and was not sure about the whole thing. Over the holidays her in-laws came to visit and something really changed her opinion about the church, their example. They were a loving family who did the basic things, scripture study and family home evening and so on. By this family’s example, Sister Stratton’s became more interested in the gospel. The first time I went over to their house, she had read the pamphlets the missionaries had left her and for the more part learned the doctrine. We taught her lesson three and when it got to the part of baptism we read out of 2nd Nephi 31, now she did not have a testimony of anything yet, especially the Book of Mormon. We read the account of the Saviors baptism and the spirit was strong. We got to the part when Nephi asks the question, “can we follow the example of Jesus Christ save we shall go into the waters of baptism” I asked Sister Stratton to answer the question. Her countenance changed, she looked up with tears in her eyes, the spirit was so STRONG! We committed her to baptism and she hesitated a little bit, smiled and said yes! I asked her later about the Book of Mormon she said she knew it was true. I LOVE being a missionary! The work is going well. It is really different covering three wards, especially Ft. Bragg. Every time we “go on post” they have to inspect our car. It is pretty much China rules on base. You can’t openly proselyte. You work part-members and member referrals. It is fun to do something new. I like hanging out with the Logans, although I don’t think that I will let him cut my hair any more. So you got a letter from the Tony Bowes family, they are amazing; Tony is the brother of Neal who we stayed with. I got way close to them. Well love you guys FOREVER! Bye.

No comments: