Monday, February 18, 2008

2/18/08

Hello family, how are y'all doing. Things are going great out here.We have a baptism this week on the 23rd. I'm really excited about it. It almost did not happen. We taught Skyler about the law of tithing and he did not feel he had enough money to pay it. When he said that my heart just sank. It made me so sick and I felt horrible. He did not want to pay it. We told him that it was important and heavenly father wanted him to pay it and that wasn't enough for him, so we left and were distraught. My companion and I decided to fast to give him the faith enough to pay tithing. And lo and behold it payed off. We were teaching his extremely inactive father in-law and our blessing came through him. Skyler talked to him about it and he somehow persuaded him to pay it. It was a miracle. And come to find out he has helped us more than that once. The lord really has our back out here. Even today, it rains a lot out here but only on Thursdays when we are planning the week or at night so I have yet to get rained on. I love it. I love you guys But I'm a little angry at the pickle stunt ha just kidding. So you liked my pictures? I'm sending you something even better this week. O and I forgot about Brother King. He is a funny guy. He is not our ward mission leader he is a ward missionary he is a good guy a little different at times but I love him. And he is really old he is about 80 and still takes us around on splits good guy.

No comments: