Monday, July 14, 2008

7/14/08

Things are going good here,still real good. We had the car this week but we got cut down to 400 miles so we still have to bike a crazy lot. I am living with Neal and Janet Bowes. They have three kids. Lindsey who is cute, pregnant and married, Geoffrey 20 and Taylor who is Macie's age, he is way cool. The town is nice it is not as ghetto as Mt. Olive. We live about two miles out of town at 2165 Halifax Road Roxboro 27573. It is a steep hill all the way to town and it makes biking more difficult but I need it. So brother BURK!!!! Spoke, I bet that was really fun to listen to. Man I gave that guy so much grief at church, those were the days. But any ways something cool just recently happened, I was able to help rebaptize an excommunicated member. She was a big lady and it took two of us, I was there for extra support. She had been excommunicated 34 years ago. A missionary couple had been working with her family for a couple of months and they were able to baptize her husband. When we baptized her I was standing behind her and I saw her face under the water and she was smiling. She came out of the water and started bawling and kept saying that I am a member of the church again, I am a member of the church again. It made me really happy that I was able to help her get back into the church. I am one of the first elders in this area. Before there was a missionary couple here named the Matthews. They are from Thatcher and they left for home today. Sister Matthews is the spitting image of Grandma Bigelow, it is crazy. Her little phrases she looked like her and most of all she sounded just like her! I loved to hear her talk. When she spoke at Sister Lang’s baptism I started to blank out because I was so tired and I came to and I thought it was grandma speaking, it was eerie. Then there phone # had the area code of 928 and that really freaked me out at first. Sister Matthews would call I would see 928 and I would answer and grandma was on the other line. Well they are driving home today. It is going to take them 36 hours to get there, I am so glad that I get to fly. Well I love you guys. I am sending my pictures today. Have a good week.

1 comment:

Kaeli said...

hey landon this is kaeli!! i hope that you are having fun! it's kinda cool to hear about all of your experiences! you are the first person to go on a mission in the family so far. well i hope you have fun! (and try to stay out of the poison ivy...haha)! =)

kaeli =)