Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Their kicking me out!! 6/30/08

Well I’m moving on to greener pastures, I guess. I’m getting transferred to a new area. I will be going to Raleigh on Tuesday and headed to a far distant unknown land. I have mixed emotions. I’m excited to go to a different part of the mission but I’m leaving my home of Mt Olive. I said my goodbyes yesterday. It was hard. I grew to love people in this ward, they treated me very well and believe it or not they grew to love me too. The mission program here is incredible. Jimmie Holmes, Brother Medlin, Brother King and Brother Swinson and his wife are really hard workers. They have been a key to the progress here. Bishop Brown is very Mission minded and an amazing bishop. I love this ward. I’m going through the tedious task of packing today, it is a lot of work. I got a couple garment bags from the thrift store to aid me in the process and now I can just grab my shirts out of the closet. I hope I can get all my stuff. I have a lot. After I’m packed the Swinons are taking Elder Hill and I out to lunch then we are going to Jimmie’s for one last time and then we are going with the Bishop for one last golf tournament, these days have been full of one last things. I have had many last suppers, every one that knew I was leaving wanted to cook or take me out and I have eaten a lot lately, too much. Well things are going good here. The 4th is coming up. I don’t think people round here celebrate it as much as we do back home. I think all they really do is fireworks, they will be cool I’m excited to watch them. So your finally going to American Idol.,,,..,. WOW! Are you excited? It sounds like fun. I’m sure you will enjoy yourself. Have fun be safe and enjoy yourself. I love you guys and now I must commence my packing again.

No comments: