Tuesday, December 9, 2008

12/8/08

I just typed one of the most amazing/spiritually uplifting letters of my life and guess what, it got erased. Well here i go again. This week was way good. We were able to see many fruits ripen. We have been teaching a lady named Peggy Gross for a couple of weeks with mixed results. She seemed to understand most of what we taught but i was not real sure where it was going to go. One day Elder Kimball and I knocked one out of the park. We taught one of the most spiritually invigorating lessons that i have had in a long time. The spirit was strong and Peggy caught hold of the message. We committed her to baptism and to come to church and see and she accepted. Last night she came to the Christmas Devotional and loved it. It could not have gone any better. The branch friendshipped like they were supposed to and all went great. Peggy really enjoyed her time there. She is looking forward to next week. I can foresee many good things for her in the future. Lee and Clint Gunn are still doing good. Lee got his first call as Secretary in the youngmens program. He is excited to go to work. Clint just received the Aaronic Priesthood and will soon be passing the sacrament, i am way excited. This branch is doing amazing; it has grown so much since i have been here and it will keep growing. I am saddened to say that i feel my time here in Roxboro is waning. I have been here a good amount of time, in fact a quarter of my mission. I have loved it here, it has been the highlight of my mission, my life even. The people here are like family, they are family. I have grown so close to each one of them. I love my mission. It is amazing to look at this past year and see the growth i have made, the change in my life, my spiritual strength i have gained, i would not have traded it for anything. I love my mission, i love the Lord, I love my family. You are my strength and my foundation. I love you all so much. Keep doing what you know is right. Love Elder Wiltbank P.S. Due to unforeseen changes in the near future please mail all goods (cookies, presents, uplifting letters from other family members/friends, black brown and gray agile sweatervests, PICTURES FROM HOME!!!!!!!) to the mission home until further notice THANK YOU

No comments: