
This past week was full of excitement! We had a bunch of people at church this week. It makes me feel great to see so much progress. The young men of this ward are doing all they can to be good missionaries. They invited their friends to youth conference. Four of their friends came, they loved it.We have been teaching them for a few weeks and they came to church this past Sunday. They really felt the spirit and are excited to learn more. Elder Rhodes and I had an interesting time while tracting last Friday. We were tracting off of Gordon Farms Dr. in Clayton. It was really hot and humid. The flies were driving me crazy. We were able to teach a few people on that street, but not really too much success. We were ready to head back to eat dinner, but i said to Elder Rhodes " just one more door". So we picked the house we were to knock. Our anticipation was high, we were expecting a miracle. We went to the door and knocked and waited for a bit, then knocked again. Nothing happened, than all at once the was a rush of movement from the East side of the yard. It was two massive German Shepherds. One large and black, the other a light brown. In shock we stood motionless together. The dog, light brown rushed past me with a focus on my companion. The dog attacked Elder Rhodes starting to bite his arm then working his way to his laurels (his bottom that is). He let out a shriek. He ran to allude the attacker. In shock we stared at the beast, wondering what our next step would be. The dog started at me. It had its eyes fixed on the possession i prised the most, my belly. I was going to have none of that. When the dog drew close I clinched my fist and punched it in the face with all the power i could muster. The dog fell to the ground and returned to its feet and proceeded to attack again. I hit it in the face a second time, and then a third. The dog finally gave up the attack of me and went to Elder Rhodes again. By then he had his back pack in his hand. Ready to defend himself. The dog went from whence he came. We left the yard a bit shaken but luckily alive. We got into the car. Elder Rhodes' arm was bleeding a bit, there were no huge wholes in his pants. We thought all was well. We left and went to dinner. Elder Rhodes went to check himself in the bathroom. He came out with a shocked look on his face. I went in to check on him. He had a large cut on his upper thigh that would need stitches. So we went to the hospital. They stitched him up. It was a fun experience. My first dog encounter. Well that is not the only cool story of the week. I attended the largest Church in the the area, Cleveland Community Church, or as they refer to it as C3. It was an interesting experience. It was more of a rock concert and a church service. It is a non-denominational. Which means that it is not part of any regional conference. It is huge. They had a stage a live rock band. There music was really loud. I enjoyed the music. They had a short spiritual thought. And then asked for donations. I would consider it one of the great and abominable churches they spoke about in the b.of.m. I learned a lot. I have a whole new prospective on missionary work. I definitely love my church and know it is true. Well all is still great. Life is still good. I love you guys. Be Good!







No comments:
Post a Comment