Wednesday, November 11, 2009

11/09/09 Temple Trip

This past week was full of so many great experiences! The greatest of them all was the temple trip. I was able to go to the temple with Lee Gunn, who I baptized up in Roxboro last year. It was the highlight of my mission. Most of the Roxboro branch attended, it was so nice to see them all. We met outside at about 7:15 to take some pictures of the temple. Elder Kimball was also able to attend. We had a little “family reunion” I trained Elder Kimball, he is training Elder Brady, Elder Moreno was there. It was all of my posterity. A few people started to show up a few minutes later the, Bowes family, Brother Turner, the Simpsons and to my surprise Barb and Orville Lang, another family I worked really close with. They were getting their Endowments and to be sealed. It could not have been a better night. It was so fun to visit with them. You really know you made an impact if they still remember who you are and still love you after a year. It just gives me goosebumps to think about it. About then it started to get a bit chilly, so we decided to visit in the waiting room. My anticipation was high. We went in and quickly changed. I bought some way cool military surplus Navy white pants, this was the first time I wore them. I went and got a name to take through. It was a name from Roxboro. I went into the Endowment room and sat, it is so quiet in the temple. The spirit is always so strong. A few minutes later Lee came out as well as Brother Lang. I started to tear up a bit. Lee came and sat by me. I told him how proud I was of him. He was way happy to see me there.
I learned so much from this session. I never really paid so much attention to the words. It is so powerful. Lee did very well; it took Bro. Lang a little longer. We finally got to the Celestial room It was so neat to visit with everyone, there is nothing better than that. My prayers felt so much more powerful there. I prayed for a lot of things especially for the investigators in Dunn. I also prayed to increase my testimony. We waited to go into the sealing room for a bit, when it was time, they let us in. Sister Lang is in a wheelchair so we wheeled her in. Lee was one of the witnesses. That was probably my favorite things to watch. It made me really excited to go there myself. There was such a sweet spirit. That was defiantly the best experience on my mission. I was on a spiritual high the rest of the week. I love being a missionary.
Things are going great here. We have a few inv. That are close to baptism. I hope that we can get them there before I leave. All is going great here. I love ya’ll so much.

No comments: